Thursday, March 12, 2009

AMNQ #7

"Taslima raises her cell phone as if it's some super-bionic zap gun that can make these guys disappear. But they don't disappear."
-Page 82

I found this quote interestesting for a number of reasons. I really think that Taslima is feeling really un-empowered. I think that she is used to getting her way because she is a strong (sometimes a little mule-ish) young woman. I think that she really wants a weapon a little tad bit stronger than a cell phone. I feel really bad for her in this situation because she is really trying to keep bad things from happening but she really wont get far with a cell phone. I also think that Nadira is really wishing that these weird Immigration Agent guys will leave as well, because she seems to get more and more nervous. Overall, this scene seems pretty awkward and uncomfortable for everyone, especially Taslima. O.o

1 comment:

  1. hah. Yeah, I agree. Something a bit better than a cell... might be wanted in this situation. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete