Tuesday, March 10, 2009

AMNQ # 6

"Aisha and I can't stop laughing, and the sounds widen, making bright circles in the room."
-page 77

I found this sentence to be cheery and delightful, unlike most of the book. It seems like maybe the sisters are starting to agree as they go through this hard time in their lives. This sentence made me think of a water droplet spreading out in ripples of happiness. I really think these two girls needed something to cheer them up and keep them from being too depressed. Turns out, Taslima's funny story was the perfect thing! I loved this sentence best in chapter 9 because it was happy and really made the story have a more cheerful outlook. (*^_^*)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. They needed to cheer up because there is so much fear and stress in their lives. I think it is interesting the way you interpreted the sentence. “This sentence made me think of a water droplet spreading out in ripples of happiness.” Their lives must be so hard because they are told to have their voices tucked away in the shadows…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with falcon and really like what she said I too really like your interpretation. "I think it is interesting the way you interpreted the sentence. “This sentence made me think of a water droplet spreading out in ripples of happiness.” Their lives must be so hard because they are told to have their voices tucked away in the shadows…"
    i agree completely!
    great B(log)

    ReplyDelete